Wait Time on DiscoverLink Talent
Facilitates Blended Learning
Now you can assign predefined waiting periods within a learning program that force learners to pause for a specific amount of time before progressing on to their next assignment. Why wait, you ask?
• Facilitates a blended learning approach, where a learner is able to practice new skills or participate in hands-on training before continuing with e-learning
• Prevents long, uninterrupted periods of e-learning, and promotes a more effective phased training approach
• Allows scheduling of follow-up testing after a period of time to confirm retention of training
If you have any questions or would like to schedule training on this new feature, please contact your Client Services Manager.
Wait Time Content Type
Wait Time is a new content type that you create just like any other content item. Time intervals available for the wait time are:
• 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes
• 24 or 48 hours
• 5, 7, 15, 30, 45, 60, or 90 days
• Next day
When you create a wait time, you can add instructions to the learner explaining what you expect them to do during the waiting period.
Incorporate Into Learning Programs
You can add wait times to a learning program in the desired sequence, just like any other piece of content. When wait times are included, enforced sequence becomes mandatory.
Just like any other content item, wait times are tracked in the dashboard history and included in all applicable reports. When a learner is in a wait time within the learning program, the manager’s dashboard displays a red clock icon.