This course meets the additional training requirements of New York State and New York City for both managers and employees. The course covers definitions of sexual harassment, gender, sexual orientation, sex discrimination, and retaliation. It also explains how to report harassment and employer and manager responsibilities. This course must be taken annually in combination with Harassment-free Workplace for employees or Preventing Harassment in the Workplace for managers to fulfill New York State’s and New York City’s harassment prevention training requirements.
- Provides expanded definition of sexual harassment, gender, and sexual orientation
- Defines the two primary forms of sexual harassment
- Details protections for sex discrimination and stereotyping
- Identifies activities protected by law from retaliation
- Uses scenarios to determine whether or not an action is considered retaliation
Teach harassment and retaliation concepts as defined by New York law
- Hourly employees