https://discoverlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shutterstock_402193372-square.jpg 560 560 Cindy Poulos https://discoverlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/CT-discoverlink-logo-inline-medium-crop.png Cindy Poulos2017-12-07 09:23:282017-12-07 09:25:575 Easy Ways to Utilize Your Leftover Training Budget
5 Easy Ways to Utilize Your Leftover Training Budget
2017 is coming to an end, and you still have some cash left in your training budget. And if you don’t put it to good use, you will lose it. So, what can you do? Here are five quick ideas that you can put into action right now to maximize your remaining training funds:
- Shore up your food safety efforts: Even if you’re already in compliance with all the state and local laws, it’s never a bad idea to remind employees about the importance of proper sanitation when handling food. Whether you need a quick hand-washing refresher, a reminder on serving alcohol safely, or a full-scale update on handling allergens, there are a variety of online food safety courses available that you can deploy before the end of the year.
- Stop harassment in its tracks: Reports of harassment continue to fill the news cycles, so now is a great time to ensure you are providing a safe and respectful work environment for your staff. From manager training, to employee training, to a full 2-hour program that meets California’s requirements, you can set up a harassment prevention program in a snap that will help ensure the workplace remains positive and free from harassment.
- Prevent accidents before they happen: Workplace accidents often increase during the holiday season when team members are in a rush, working longer hours, or just dealing with the fatigue and stress of the season. With OSHA compliance courses ranging from just 4-10 minutes each (including mandated Safety Data Sheet training), you can easily find time to remind your team that safety comes first.
- Protect against holiday hackers: Online transactions and credit card processing peak during the holiday season, making your business a target for nefarious characters looking to take advantage of your restaurant, employees, or guests. Data compliance and security training programs can help you with PCI compliance, protect personal data, and ensure the security of your workplace.
- Focus on diversity: Restaurants must compete with every other industry for multicultural talent. By building a reputation as a culturally sensitive company and investing in the development of multicultural leaders, restaurants can overcome the challenges of retaining top talent while at the same time improving the performance of their business.